Thursday, July 16, 2009

My first two days of work training in Spore

On the first day of work yesterday, i woke up as early as 6am to catch the 1 hour journey train and reach my reporting office by 8.30am. Nothing much I do for the first day except waiting for few person to assist me and brief me regarding my 6 months training. In between, I waited for long periods which leads me to be very sleepy as I was so bored reading and reading the same materials. Perhaps I'm not used to wake up early after a long holiday break in Malaysia.(hehehe) The most frustrating moment is to rush for my medical check up at 4.15pm and I was being informed to make it at the clinic before 5.00pm. I rushed like a mad person catching train and looking for the clinic place with quick walks. At last I managed to reach the clinic before 5.00pm and I see lots of people wearing the same shirts outside the clinic. I approached one of the people and I was being told that they are closed for the whole day for celebration. At the moment, I feel like killing the person who asked me to rush to the clinic immediately. Do you know why? My first doubt is why the person asked me to come immediately without confirming the clinic is REALLY OPEN that day. However, that's not the reason I feel like killing her. The real reason is, I waste my MONEY for the transportation for NOTHING, which supposingly I can go back home NEARER and CHEAPER! I was appointed to one of the restaurants for my training today. I was briefed for the half day and rush for my medical check up during the afternoon. Soon after, I rushed back to the restaurant to undergo my on the job training. I was blurred and unsure what can I do as I'm exposed to almost everything. Ended up, I''m placed at the bar counter and as a runner for the start. I prepared the drinks for the customers' orders, delivered the meals to the customers, cleared the tables, learn to serve the customers for the ordering drinks, arrange the tables with the right standard, washed the queuing cups and glasses, learning on the opening and closing of the restaurants and more to be named here. I still has a long way to learn and master all the roles in the operating restaurant. Today I'm really SALUTE to ALL the people who works in the restaurants that serve LOTS LOTS LOTS of customers at the SAME time! BRAVO! YOU ARE TOUGH! I still can feel the aching on my legs and whole body for standing and walking the whole day in the restaurants with no seating chance at all. Physically extremely tired. It seems like my bones broke into pieces. It proves one thing, I gotta work out a lot! I'm not fit at all. Here comes the chance for the drastic work out while earning some money. It's not easy to earn this money. (sweat and sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment